The Africa Netpreneur Prize Initiative is Jack Ma’s flagship entrepreneur program in Africa led by the Jack Ma Foundation.
Looking for Heroes
Our mission is to identify and spotlight African entrepreneur heroes and their stories to inspire the continent and beyond.
US$1 million Prize Money
The Prize will host a grand finale pitch competition in Africa where ten finalists from across the continent will compete for a share of US$1 million in total grant prize money.
Pitch Jack Ma at the Grande Finale
Make it to the grand finale and you’ll have your shot to pitch your story to Jack and the rest of the judges.
The Prize will be fully inclusive. Entrepreneurs of any age, gender, and sector who are nationals from any 54 African countries are encouraged to apply.
THE 2019 TIMELINE
- March 27th – Applications Open: Applications open to entrepreneurs from across the continent encouraging both traditional and tech driven businesses to apply.
- June 30th – Close of Applications: The applications closes and we kick off the review and judging process.
- August 2019 – Top 50 announcements: We will short list to the top 50 applicants and they will be announced in August
- October 2019 – Top 10 announcements: The final 10 businesses, selected from the top 50
- November 2019 – Grand Finale: The grand finale event where the top ten finalists will pitch Jack Ma and compete for US$1 million in total prize money
1 Apply Now: Looking for a Maths and Physics Facilitator
2 Former Goldman Sachs Africa CEO, Colin Coleman Believes Africa Is the Last Frontier for Global Growth
3 APRM to spearhead promotion of South-South Cooperation (SSC) in Africa.
4 URGENT: Watch the Société Générale Video and African Girls Coding Initiative will be Funded
5 Key to Restoring the Harmony Between Humanity and Nature
6 Countries should defend themselves against platform-based digital colonialism
7 APRM Set to Lead African Plan of Action for Youth Empowerment
8 TEDSF Learn empowers youths with high yield program
9 ENTER: iamAFRICA Short Film Competition on YouTube
10 DEADLINE EXTENDED! – Apply to attend The World Bank Youth Summit 2019 in Washington D.C.