Setting KPI Targets
Some questions to consider as you’re figuring out what measures to use:
- How is the measure related to a specific business goal? Make sure that you have one measure for each goal.
- What exactly is it that I’m measuring?
- What other factors might this measure relate to?
- How frequently does it need to be reported?
- Who will be in charge of running the part of the campaign that supports this reporting?
All you are really doing here with your KPIs is measuring your short and long-term performance, but the value of these numbers is in what they tell others about where you’re at and where you want to be headed – in other words, your targets can say a lot about your overall business goals and strategy.