MathsGee Courses and MathsGee QnA are now TEDSF Learn and TEDSF Skills Q&A.
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being part of this journey to help the African child with skills that can help him/her achieve their goals”, said Edzai Zvobwo, Founder and CEO of MathsGee, an online skills development startup based in Johannesburg.
As part of a strategic growth plan, MathsGee has closed down all its platforms and some of the components have been moved to the TEDSF human capital development family.
This sees a new configuration of the TEDSF units and positions the organisation on an exponential growth path. All the seven MathsGee employees including the founder, Edzai Zvobwo have all moved to TEDSF and will continue to drive for skills development in Africa.
The new TEDSF platforms are as follows:
1. TEDSF News & Insights – https://tedsf.org
2. TEDSF Learn – https://tedsf.org/learn
3. TEDSF Skills Q&A – https://tedsf.org/qna
4. TEDSF MOOCs – https://tedsf.org/courses
5. TEDSF Jobs – https://tedsf.org/jobs
6. TEDSF Podcasts – https://iono.fm/p/860
The Education Support Forum is a South African registered Non-Profit Organisation (186-593-NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO No. – 930061043).
The Education Support Forum (TEDSF) is a leading pan-African human capital development thought leadership, research and insights organization committed to improving employability and entrepreneurship in Africa through:
- Robust research
- Igniting conversations
- Sustainable interventions
- Effective partnerships.
The Forum was created in 2013 in South Africa and is expanding its influence into all African countries.
Recognizing the strategic importance of quality education via sustainable employment and entrepreneurship for Africa, it was necessary that TEDSF is formed to facilitate the bridging of knowledge and skills gaps between what is needed by industry and what is being taught in academic institutions.
Its mission is to contribute to poverty alleviation through improving employability and entrepreneurship in Africa through research, thought leadership, news, sustainable interventions and partnership activities. It achieves this by:
- Education Research
- Thought leadership and News Insights
- Creation of a skills development ecosystem composed of students, entrepreneurs and
- Employability and entrepreneurship research and curriculum development with employers.
- Supporting and Mentoring edtech startups for sustainable impact.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of skills development interventions.
- Creating a Pan-African ICT skills development index.
- Advocacy for quality education for Africans.
The modus operandi of the Forum is a partnership for impact at all levels. Its research and development activities are conducted in collaboration with various stakeholders—primarily the technology OEMs and distributors, academic institutions, advanced research institutions, non-governmental organizations, and donors—for the benefit of African youths.
TEDSF headquarters is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Staff are located in South Africa.