TEDSF Learn provides learning analytics to course sponsors and authors so that they have a better understanding of how their content is being consumed.
Learning analytics can be defined as “the measurement, collection, analysis and reporting of data about learners in their context, for purposes of understanding and optimizing learning and the environment in which it occurs” (Siemens et. Al). Whereas past research relied to a large extent on students’ self-reports of how they learn in self-study, the recent evolution of web-based learning and the possibility of tracking students’ online behaviour offers promising new ways of measuring actual self-study activities.
By recording a learner’s online traces in educational materials and analysing the data, learning and teaching can be improved.
- TEDSF Learn assesses performance collecting data on retention and success (also called Academic Analytics) using state of the art techniques and tools.
- TEDSF Learn is a leader in Educational data mining, we unveil patterns of learning habits can be unveiled.
- Course developers and sponsors can improve current courses using the feedback provided by TEDSF Learn.
- Teachers and support staff can undertake pedagogic interventions using TEDSF Learn analytics.
- Learners can reflect on their achievements and patterns of behaviour in relation to others on TEDSF Learn.