The Education Support Forum (TEDSF) is a non-profit organization committed to improving the quality of education in South Africa. With the increasing use of chatGPT technology in online education delivery, TEDSF is seeking to research the effects of this innovative tool on the education sector in South Africa. With your support, we can gather valuable data and insights that will help inform the development of effective and accessible online education solutions for all students in South Africa. Please join us in our mission to enhance the future of education in South Africa by making a donation to TEDSF’s chatGPT research initiative today.
As The Education Support Forum (TEDSF), a South African registered Non Profit Organization (186-593-NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO No. – 930061043), our goal is to raise R150,000 to embark on a research to understand the effects of chatGPT on online learning in South Africa.
Research Question: What is the impact of chatGPT technology on the effectiveness and accessibility of online education delivery in South Africa, as measured by student engagement, retention rates, and educational outcomes?
We plan to reach our goal through an online effort, by setting up a crowdfunding campaign on the MathsGee platform. Once we have the funds, we will follow the research plan below:
- Background on the use of chatGPT technology in online education delivery
- Statement of the research problem and the purpose of the study
- Research question and objectives
II. Literature Review
- Overview of chatGPT technology and its use in education
- Previous research on the impact of chatGPT on education delivery
- Theoretical framework and hypotheses
- Research design (e.g. quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods)
- Sample selection and size
- Data collection methods (e.g. surveys, interviews, observation)
- Data analysis techniques
IV. Data Collection
- Implementation of data collection plan
- Quality control measures
- Ethical considerations
V. Data Analysis
- Descriptive analysis of the data
- Inferential analysis to test hypotheses
- Presentation of the findings
- Interpretation of the results
- Interpretation of the results in relation to the literature review
- Implications of the findings for online education delivery in South Africa
- Limitations of the study and suggestions for future research
- Summary of the research findings
- Implications for policy and practice in online education
- Contribution of the study to the field
- List of references cited in the study
- Adherence to a standard referencing APA style
We plan to run our fundraising campaign from the 1st of February 2023 to the 31st of March 2023. Once the funds are raised we will run the research until 31st October 2023, when we present our finding to donors and other stakeholders.
Incentive for Donors:
If you donate, you will get:
- Recognition on the TEDSF website as a donor to the chatGPT research initiative.
- Early access to the research findings and reports.
- Invitation to attend the research presentation and discussion events.
- Opportunities to participate in online education initiatives supported by TEDSF.
- A customized certificate of appreciation for the donation.
- Invitation to attend online education workshops and events organized by TEDSF.
- Opportunities to network with education professionals and experts in the field.
- Access to exclusive educational resources and materials.
- A personal thank you note from the TEDSF team.
- Opportunities to contribute to the design and implementation of future education initiatives supported by TEDSF.
- A tax certificate for your donation.
Your support will have a significant impact on the improvement of education technology and the future of work. Potential impacts include:
- Improved understanding of the effects of chatGPT technology on online education delivery in South Africa, including its impact on student engagement, retention, and outcomes.
- Insights into the challenges and opportunities associated with the integration of chatGPT technology in online education in South Africa.
- A foundation for future research on the use of chatGPT technology in online education delivery, both in South Africa and globally.
- Identification of best practices and effective strategies for using chatGPT technology in online education delivery.
- Contributions to the development of more effective, accessible, and inclusive online education solutions for students in South Africa.
- Increased awareness and understanding of the role of chatGPT technology in online education among educators, policymakers, and the general public.
- Potential benefits for students, including improved engagement, retention, and outcomes, leading to better educational opportunities and outcomes.
Thank you for considering supporting our fundraiser. Every contribution, no matter how small, will make a difference.
Sincerely, Edzai Zvobwo (Chairman, TEDSF)
The Education Support Forum is a South African registered Non Profit Organization (186-593-NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO No. – 930061043).
TEDSF exists to support human development efforts in Africa through bridging the gap between stakeholders for optimal results in the quest to eradicate poverty.
The Education Support Forum (TEDSF)
Reg. No.: 186-593 NPO
PBO No. – 930061043
22 Sloane Street, Bryanston, Sandton, Johannesburg, 2191, South Africa
Cell: +27785 858 937
We encourage you to donate using the green button below but if you prefer an EFT then use the following details:
Organisation Name: The Education Support Forum (TEDSF)
Bank: First National Bank (FNB) South Africa
Account type: Cheque Account
Account number: 62933404064
Branch Code: 250655
Thank you for your support.