In line with the Individual Social Responsibility (ISR) drive that is being championed by TEDSF through the MathsGee QnA initiative, MathsGee is inviting all learners to participate in the crowd-sourced knowledge generation through the question and answer platform developed by MathsGee.
At TEDSF,we believe that knowledge is available and should be free. We also believe that every child deserves to be supported whilst studying from home.
We encourage every high school learner to participate in our forum by sharing their expertise and asking questions so that we can achieve a complete mapping of all questions in STEM subjects. We hope that this repository of knowledge will help learners, parents and teachers be the best they can be in STEM subjects.
There is a fabulous prize of R2 000 for each of the first 5 learners that achieve GOLD STATUS by the 1st of May 2020. To qualify a user must be one of the first 5 learners to reach 10 000 points by the 1st of May 2020.
How to get started:
- Visit https://mathsgee.com/qna
- Login (Top right corner)
- Start Asking, Answering, Commenting and Voting.
- Earn Point
- If top 5 to reach 10 000 points before 16 April then win R2 000.
Rules for the competition:
- This competition is only open to South African high school learners.
- When registering, make sure to add your email, school and grade.
- The grand prize money for being one of the top 5 to attain 10 000 points on the MathsGee QnA platform is R2 000.
- The Education Support Forum (TEDSF), reserves the right to award more participants after the 16th of April 2020.
- No cheating or any other illegal activities will tolerated.
- Always give the best answer to the best of your ability in order to help the asker.
To enhance your status and show off that you are a self-starter who has extensively participated on the MathsGee QnA forum you need to obtain the following points:
- Platinum – 15,000 points
- Gold Status – 10,000 points
- Silver Status – 8,000 points
- Bronze Status – 3,000 points
Points will be awarded in a standardised manner. Below is a breakdown of how points will be attained:
|Posting a question:||points|
|Selecting an answer for your question:||points|
|Per up vote on your question:||+points|
|Per down vote on your question:||–points|
|Limit from up votes on each question:||+points|
|Limit from down votes on each question:||–points|
|Posting an answer:||points|
|Having your answer selected as the best:||points|
|Per up vote on your answer:||+points|
|Per down vote on your answer:||–points|
|Limit from up votes on each answer:||+points|
|Limit from down votes on each answer:||–points|
|Per up vote on your comment:||+points|
|Per down vote on your comment:||–points|
|Limit from up votes on each comment:||+points|
|Limit from down votes on each comment:||–points|
|Voting up a question:||points|
|Voting down a question:||points|
|Voting up an answer:||points|
|Voting down an answer:||points|
|Multiply all points:||×|
|Add for all users:||+points|
The Education Support Forum (TEDSF), is a South African registered Non Profit Orgainisation (186-593-NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO No. – 930061043).
The Education Support Forum (TEDSF) is a leading pan-African research and implementation organization committed to improving employability and entrepreneurship in Africa through robust research, sustainable interventions and effective partnerships.
You can support us through tax-deductible donations on HERE