There are over $165,000 in cash prizes. To win, developers will compete and win locally within one of seven regions: (i) North America, (ii) Latin America, (iii) Asia Pacific, (iv) India, (v) Sub Saharan Africa, (vi) Middle East/North Africa, and (vii) Europe. Each regional winner will continue to the final global round of the competition for a chance at additional prizes.
By taking part in the challenge, you’ll have an opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, challenge yourself, and win great prizes!
Main Requirement: Build (or update) software that falls into any of the three categories and incorporates at least one of the three featured technologies:
- Gaming and Entertainment (including applications that users find fun and may play with)
- Productivity and Utility (including applications that make users more efficient)
- Social Good (including applications that help others and/or benefit the greater good)
*Teams are also encouraged to integrate other Facebook products in their solution, e.g. Messenger, Graph API and other open source tools.
Submit the following assets:
- Demo video. (hosted on YouTube, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should be around 2 minutes, include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how the Facebook products used enhances the experience of your solution!
- Images. Please submit at least one image/screenshot of your application.
- Access. A way to access your working application for judging and testing by providing a mobile test build, a link to a live website, or a demo site where the application is deployed.
HOW TO ENTER
- Register for the challenge on Devpost.
- Build software applications that falls into any of the three categories (Gaming & Entertainment, Productivity & Utility, or Social Good) and incorporates at least one of the following Facebook Developer products: React360, Spark AR, and HTML5 Games.
- Submit software to your region (North America, Latin America, Asia Pacific, India, Sub Saharan Africa, Middle East/North Africa, Europe) by selecting your region on the submission form.
- Create a video about two minutes long that demonstrates your solution’s features and functionality. (Videos and submission materials must be provided in English for judging. Provide English subtitles or a translation if the content is not in English.)
- Enter your completed submission form before 5pm ET on September 20, 2019 to be considered in the regional round. See all dates.
A panel of judges
- Quality of the Idea (30%)
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
- Implementation of the Idea (50%)
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer and the extent to which the Facebook products were leveraged, and considerations for user privacy.
- Potential Impact (20%)
How much impact the product could have in its stated strategy.