Scientific Symposium on COVID-19: Perspective from Africa
Top Scientist and Tutu Fellow, Professor Julie Makani from SickleINAfrica will host a Zoom symposium on COVID-19. The lineup of the panelists is impressive and promises to give a comprehensive perspective on the effects of the pandemic in Africa. The discussion will look at the diffeent aspects of pandemics and will be laden with solutions, recommendations on how the continent can mitigate the efects of COVID-19.
This is an open event and all are welcome to join and be part of this amazing symposium.
The panellists are:
- Frank Minja, USA: COVID-19, Current Trends in Africa
- Lucio Luzzatto, Tanzania: Biology and Epidemiology of COVID-19
- Christian Happi, Nigeria: Genomics of COVID-19 virus
- Biree Andemariam, USA: COVID-19 and Sickle Cell Disease
- Jill Kent, UK : Opportunities for Research on COVID-19 [NIH – NOSI (NOT-HL-20-757)]
- Julie Makani, SickleInAfrica: Moderator
Date: Tuesday, 31 March 2020
Time: 3 pm (East Africa Time) / 12 noon GMT (UK) / 8 am EST (USA)
To join: https://zoom.us/j/2716710258
You can also contact Professor Julie Makani on firstname.lastname@example.org