Who We Are
The Education Support Forum is a South African registered Non Profit Orgainisation (186-593-NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO No. – 930061043).
The Education Support Forum (TEDSF) is a leading pan-African research and implementation organization committed to improving employability and entrepreneurship in Africa through:
- Robust research
- Sustainable interventions
- Effective partnerships in the information, communications and technology sector (ICT).
TEDSF believes that net-neutrality is a pre-requisite for sustainable development using ICT as a means to an end.
The Forum was created in 2013 in South Africa and is expanding its influence into all African countries.
Recognizing the strategic importance of internet freedom, quality education and financial inclusion via sustainable employment and entrepreneurship for Africa, it was necessary that TEDSF be formed to facilitate the bridging of ICT knowledge and skills gaps between what is needed by industry and what is being taught in academic institutions whilst also safeguarding the rights of internet users.
Its mission is to contribute to poverty alleviation through improving employability and entrepreneurship in Africa. through research, development, sustainable interventions and partnership activities in the information, communications and technology sector (ICT). It achieves this by:
- Creation of a skills development ecosystem composed of students, ICT education entrepreneurs and employers.
- Employability and entrepreneurship research and curriculum development with employers.
- Funding and Mentoring ICT education startups for sustainable impact.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of skills development interventions.
- Creating a Pan-African ICT skills development index.
- Advocacy for net-netrality and digital rights for the poor.
The modus operandi of the Forum is partnership for impact at all levels. Its research and development activities are conducted in collaboration with various stakeholders—primarily the technology OEMs and distributors, academic institutions, advanced research institutions, non-governmental organizations, and donors—for the benefit of African youths.
TEDSF headquarters is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Staff are located in South Africa.
TEDSF’s work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License. TEDSF’s logo is a registered trademark.0