Who We Are
The Education Support Forum is a South African registered Non-Profit Organisation (186-593-NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO No. – 930061043).
The Education Support Forum (TEDSF) is a leading pan-African human capital development thought leadership, research and insights organization committed to improving employability and entrepreneurship in Africa through:
- Robust research
- Igniting conversations
- Sustainable interventions
- Effective partnerships.
The Forum was created in 2013 in South Africa and is expanding its influence into all African countries.
Recognizing the strategic importance of quality education via sustainable employment and entrepreneurship for Africa, it was necessary that TEDSF is formed to facilitate the bridging of knowledge and skills gaps between what is needed by industry and what is being taught in academic institutions.
Its mission is to contribute to poverty alleviation through improving employability and entrepreneurship in Africa through research, thought leadership, news, sustainable interventions and partnership activities. It achieves this by:
- Education Research
- Thought leadership and News Insights
- Creation of a skills development ecosystem composed of students, entrepreneurs and employers.
- Employability and entrepreneurship research and curriculum development with employers.
- Supporting and Mentoring edtech startups for sustainable impact.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of skills development interventions.
- Creating a Pan-African ICT skills development index.
- Advocacy for quality education for Africans.
The modus operandi of the Forum is a partnership for impact at all levels. Its research and development activities are conducted in collaboration with various stakeholders—primarily the technology OEMs and distributors, academic institutions, advanced research institutions, non-governmental organizations, and donors—for the benefit of African youths.
TEDSF headquarters is based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Staff are located in South Africa.
TEDSF’s work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 License. TEDSF’s logo is a registered trademark.1